Got a question? Use this
to contact us.
We'll post the most frequently asked questions on this page.
Q: When are practices?
A: Unfortunately, this isn't an easy answer. Coaches for our teams are all volunteers, so head coaches are likely to plan practices according to their availability. Historically, teams practice during weekday evenings, one, two or three times weekly (depending on the competitiveness of the team); teams have been known to start at 5:30 or 6:00pm; and teams have been known to end at 7:30 or 8:00pm
Q: When are regular season games?
- 8U games are on WEDs. They play a single game in the evening while school is in session, and then play double-header games once school lets out.
- 10U games are on TUEs. They play a double-header every week during the season (early May through end of June).
- 12U games are on MONs. Because many of the second-year 12s play on a high school team, many 12U teams won't play regular season games until the high school season has concluded (third week of May), and then "double up" to make up for lost games, playing MONs *and* WEDs until the end of June.
Q: How long is the spring/summer softball season?
A: For the most part, the softball season begins mid-April and concludes at the end of June.
- Team practices will begin early April
- Regular season games will start at the beginning of May
- The 8U regular season concludes with the "State Tournament" (early July)
- The 10U/12U regular season concludes with a tournament, the "State Qualifier" (end of June)
- 10U/12U teams without a win during the State Qualifier will end their summer softball season
- The 10U/12U summer softball season will continue for teams that win (at least one game) during the State Qualifier, earning a berth to play in the State Tournament (early July)
- Teams without a mid-season tournament win will end their summer softball season at the conclusion of the State Tournament..
- Teams which have won a mid-season tournament will have earned a berth to a National Tournament (end of July). Nationals berths can be achieved even if a team didn't win the State Qualifier and/or the State Tournament.
- The summer softball season definitely ends after competing at Nationals.
Q: My daughter is X years old (or in Y grade), do you have anything available for her?
A: Softball age groups are separated by birth year, not by school grade. Currently, we provide fastpitch softball options for:
- 8U (8 and under): girls born in the years 2010 and 2011
- 10U: girls born in the years 2008 and 2009
- 12U: girls born in the years 2006 and 2007
Families with girls born in 2012 may inquire about early entry by contacting us at
. Otherwise, please hold on just a tad longer! :) We'll wait for you!