Started to hopefully help with those hard hitting questions about EPHS softball for parents looking...
Can 7th and 8th graders play?
The easy answer is that it depends. It depends on the decision of the coaching staff at EPHS. For the past 8 years, EPHS has allowed 7th and 8th graders to play on the high school team and that will continue this year.
How do we get information on the "whole process"?
There are a couple of websites that help with this. There is the EPHSfastpitch.com site that is run by the high school coaches, then there is this one that tries to help with communication to our youngest players. The EPHS coaching staff will be sending out a letter to all 7th and 8th graders that are in the EP Fastpitch system sometime the week of 2/18 with a bunch of information.
How do we get started?
The two most critical things that you need to do to play at the high school level is
- Register for the upcoming season through the Parent Portal on the EP Schools website
- Log in
- Click on the Fee Pay link near the bottom left side of the webpage
- Click on the Activities Registration banner in the middle of the next webpage
- Under your daughter's name, look for [Softball 9th Grade School year 2019]
- the folder icon is where you will find documents that require submission before completing registration.
- GET A PHYSICAL. An up to date physical for all athletes participating in high school athletics is required to play. If you need a physical make the appointment now! Without a physical on file at the high school and/or a completed registration, players will not be allowed to participate in team practices. Make sure to keep a copy of the physical, then drop the original off at the Activities Office at the high school. Once they receive it, they will flag your Parent Portal account appropriately for you to finalize registration.
What dates/times are captains practices?
Captains practices usually start about 2 weeks prior to the official start of the high school season. For 2019 captains will start on Monday 2/25 with the times to be posted soon.
What date/time is tryout?
Different than travel there isn't a "try out" for the high school program. The coaches take the first week to ten days of practice to decide what team to place players on. Traditionally 7th and 8th grade players are placed on the 9th grade team.
Is there a parent/player meeting for 9th grade softball? I saw a date in March on the site, is that for all players?
All high school sports are required to hold a PAC (Parent/Athlete/Coach) meeting. This meeting is to go over the expectations of the program and to communicate the plan for the season with everyone there. The PAC meeting for the 2019 season is 3/25 with more details to come.
Are there required Colors for the equipment if she makes the team that she will need?
With the school colors being red and black, everything that we do is a combination of those colors. EPHS provides jerseys to players (need to be returned at the end of the season) but all other pieces of equipment are provided by the players. EPHS would like all players to have a single colored black helmet for the high school season.
Will there be any additional fees If she makes the team besides the registration fee I paid on the portal?
Nope, EPHS does an in-season fundraiser but all that will be discussed at the PAC meeting.
There will be more information added to this page as time allows. If there are any questions please feel free to reach out to Scott Welter at